Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Power of the Mind

A big contributing factor to my success over the years has been the ability to focus on a goal and persevere through all the challenges that life throws my way. You have to work on your mindset and attitude just like you work on your body in order to achieve greatness in anything.

My new book Inside the Mind of a Champion is a very unique look at the mental side of the game and how I directed my thoughts during the best competitive year of my career.

Here's an excerpt from the introduction...

"...In late July of 2003, I placed 4th at the NPC USA in a light heavyweight class that was considered by many to be one of the toughest in the show’s history. For those that don’t know, what makes that feat even more impressive is the NPC USA is not drug tested. Not exactly a level playing field for a drug free competitor like myself but I relished the challenge to prove I could compete with the best, regardless of who was on drugs or not. In many ways that 4th place finish meant more to me than any victory.

Two weeks after the USA I achieved the crowning jewel of my career by winning the overall at the NPC Team Universe Championships and earned an IFBB Pro Card. Winning an IFBB pro card as a life-time drug free competitor is almost unheard of in the modern era of bodybuilding and cemented my place as one of the greatest drug free bodybuilders in the in history.

The training and nutrition philosophies I used that year were consistent with what I had done for the past several contests so what made the biggest difference in my results? Mindset!

In the pages that follow you’ll get all the mental strategies I used to push myself to the limits of personal performance day in and day out on my way to achieving what some would say is impossible...."

If you work on developing a strong mindset and unlocking the power of your mind you can truly reach your full potential.

Inside the Mind of a Champion is available in both e-book and hard copy formats.


Believe. Achieve.


http://www.jeffwillet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment