Friday, January 22, 2010

Fat Loss Tip - Vegetables are your best friend.


One of the nutrition principles that helped me achieve the greatest condition of my career was the inclusion of lots of vegetables during my pre-contest preparation. The lower my calories dropped, the more vegetables I consumed and the leaner I became!

Vegetables, especially the green crunchy ones, are like negative calories and you can not over eat them. They provide a lot of food volume with very few calories and this is critical for keeping your metabolism humming along while eating a low or controlled calorie diet.

My favorite was green beans. I bought them frozen and microwaved them. Then I added no fat/no calorie butter spray along with Frank's RedHot sauce.

In our documentary "I Want to Look Like That Guy" you can see Stu using the same nutrition principles I did to go from over 30% body fat to less than 6% body fat in 6 months. I advised him to eat lots of vegetables and he did with great success. Stu chose broccoli.

Someone I respect a lot in this field is Pauline Nordin. Just take a look at her FighterDiet blog and you'll see the importance she places on vegetables for becoming lean and maintaining it. Her vegetable of choice is cabbage. Pauline is a great example of what you can do drug free with the right approach and the right work ethic.

So the moral of this story is if you are trying to target body fat, vegetables are your best friend so eat up! Just remember not to add anything to them that adds calories. Any zero calorie condiments and spices are fine.

Believe. Achieve.

http://www.jeffwillet.com/
http://www.iwanttolooklikethatguy.com/

3 comments:

  1. Just finished watching the "I Want To Look Like That Guy" DVD and it was really amazing! I sat here in disbelief as Stu came in 2nd and 3rd in the contests after only 6 months of serious work in the gym. That was truly incredible. You two are definitely inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff i just finish watching DvD ,it was great they way you help that guy achieve that results and drug free , can you really get a pro card been natural ? i would definatly wanna meet you one day when ever you in florida ? Zack

    ReplyDelete