Sunday, June 14, 2009

Steroid free bodybuilding 101 - Max-OT is the way to train, period.

One of the key elements to maximizing drug free results is training smart. To me there is no better way to build steroid free muscle than Max-OT.

In this clip below from "I Want to Look Like That Guy" you hear me summarize the important Max-OT principles to Stu that he will be following on his quest to look like the guy in the fitness ads.



These are the basic principles that I feel everyone should follow if they are truly seeking to change their body composition.

One thing I love about this movie is that it blows away the myth that if you train heavy you will get big and bulky. Stu trained heavy with basic lifts throughout his journey and he didn't end up big and bulky but he did end up muscular and very lean. He built and maintained muscle whiled shedding away body fat.

You'd be surprised how many people say "I don't want to get too big." Well, I would like to tell them not to worry about getting too big because it is not going to happen!

You don't just build gobs of muscle over night because you start training heavy. You do, however, set yourself up to build and maintain as much muscle as possible which is absolutely critical if you want to change your body composition.

Let me say this again. If you want to get lean and change you body composition you MUST must take an aggressive approach to building muscle and that approach should be Max-OT.

With Max-OT training Stu shows you right in front of your eyes how he goes from 30% body fat to under 6%.

For more detailed instruction on the Max-OT principles you can check out my complete "Natural Way" DVD training series.

Believe. Achieve.

http://www.jeffwillet.com/
http://www.iwanttolooklikethatguy.com/

4 comments:

  1. Max-OT is THE way, and you are THE man! Period! Thanks a lot, Jeff. A strong hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing Max-OT for a couple of months now and my body has responded very well to the efficiency and effectiveness of it. But my weights are increasing pretty slowly. I know one shouldn't get too caught up with the absolute weight on the bar or whatever but could you give me a general idea of how often Max-OT-trainers, including yourself, increase the weights of an exercise?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anton,

    Once you are able to get 6 reps on an exercise with good control, increase by the smallest increment you can. So if it is a barbell exercise for example, add 2.5 lbs per side.

    You are correct when you say not to worry too much about the absolute poundage on the bar. Just keep executing the principles and increasing when you can get 6 reps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been working on Max-OT Since Sept. 30, 2009. This is actually my first complete week, though. I've been restarting if I missed even one day. Since then, though, I've added 4 lb of mass and only 0.1% of body fat. I have to ask, do I have to restart even if I missed one day? E.g., I missed Tues, so I did workout on Wed. and continued from there to Sat. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete